SOLARDRIVE II SOLAR CAR & INVENTION KIT
Our most complex Solar Car & Invention Kit. You will be able to build solar cars and a wide variety of solar-electric machines.
Motor bushings slide onto the motor shaft, and into the hub-hole of any of the three sizes of pulleys or five sizes of gears, giving a wide selection of direct solar drives. Experiment with different gear ratios and pulley combinations, as well as different drive mechanisms. Worm gear drives toothed gears.
15 cm (6-inch) propeller can be used on fans, fan-cars, fan boats, and airplane and helicopter models.
Wooden dowel axles are held in place by metal screw eyes, and so that a shaft can be mounted at almost any angle onto almost anything.
Incorporate re-cycled materials. Kit parts can can be disassembled and used over and over again.
Available as a Class Pack of 15, plus tools and extra materials, in the SolRun Classroom Kit.
- 2.0 Volt x 500 mAmp solar panel with alligator clip leads.
motor, motor clips
- motor shaft bushings
- five gears: 10-, 20-, 30-, 40-, 50-tooth
- worm gear
- three sizes of pulley/wheels, with o-ring tires
- wood dowels and wooden blocks
- screw eyes (as axle holders)
- propeller, CD-hubs, AA battery holder
- elastic band drive-belts
- sandpaper, tubing, velcro, coroplast bases
- Instructions with pictures, techniques and suggestions
Check out this video for instructions and ideas!